EEC Environmental is actively seeking a creative and talented Senior Engineer to serve in a Sr. Project Management role in our Orange County office. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the execution of water/wastewater treatment, site development, and utility design projects while mentoring a group of young, talented engineers. You will be expected to demonstrate excellent leadership, problem- solving skills and produce high-quality deliverables.
Candidates with the desired experience in ONE OR BOTH of the disciplines listed are encouraged to apply. The ideal candidate is a seller/doer who is comfortable leading design teams and developing client relationships. Candidates with a positive attitude and strong initiative will fit well with our existing group of outstanding professionals. Occasional business travel may be required.
Project Management Responsibilities:
• Recruiting, managing, and mentoring junior staff and mid-career engineers and scientists.
• Business development including bringing in new clients and obtaining repeat business from existing clients; developing proposals and cost estimates.
• Preparing for and participating in meetings with clients, regulatory personnel, and other parties.
• Manage project schedules, budgets, costs, subcontractors, project quality, and client satisfaction.
• Participate in local and national technical associations (e.g. ASCE, WEF, AWRA, GRA, etc.).
DISCIPLINE 1: Water/Wastewater Responsibilities
• Manage a wide range of design and design-build projects including industrial pretreatment systems, collection and conveyance systems, pump stations, storage and treatment facilities, and wellhead treatment systems.
• Project management and oversight of design, planning and permitting, troubleshooting, and system optimization including design-build projects.
• Reviewing and preparing technical reports, construction documents, and specifications.
• Occasional fieldwork including contractor oversight and process troubleshooting tasks.
DISCIPLINE 2: Civil/Utility Design Responsibilities
• Manage a range of projects including ground-up development, redevelopment, wet/dry utility design, and grading and drainage projects for industrial, commercial, educational, and municipal clients.
• Manage conceptual, preliminary, and construction drawing development.
• Provide client services such as cost estimating, bidding and construction support, RFI review/response, etc.
• Occasional fieldwork including construction administration tasks.
• Approves all drawing packages, exhibits and documents assembled.
• BS in Engineering with 10+ years of demonstrated experience in the consulting industry with private and public projects.
• Valid California Professional Engineer (PE) license required.
• Demonstrated experience with industrial and municipal clients in water supply, water/wastewater treatment, and water re-use projects.
• Demonstrated experience in land development projects including ground-up development and redevelopment projects.
• Working knowledge of Federal and California regulations.
• Experience with managing multi-disciplinary project teams.
• Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed.
• Demonstrated success in the development and management of clients and growing a practice that sustains a group of professional junior staff.
• Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers (preferred).
• Valid U.S driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel.
• Proficient with MS Office software.
• Strong oral and technical writing skills.
• Competitive market-based salary ranging between 120k – 180k
• Life/Long Term Disability
• 10 Paid Holidays
• 401(k) Retirement Plan after 1 Year
• 5 Sick Days
• 2Wks Vacation
TO APPLY: email@example.com
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Thank you for your interest in EEC!
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Orange, CA
Required education: Bachelor’s Degree or Higher
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
EEC is a national environmental consulting firm that specializes in assessment and remediation of soil, soil gas, and groundwater; environmental compliance; and storm and wastewater design and consulting.
EEC is headquartered in Orange, California, and has a regional office in Annapolis, Maryland. The firm has experienced consistent growth throughout its 24-year history that has been driven by a philosophy of providing high-level, rapid turnaround, cost-effective environmental services for clients while providing a comfortable and rewarding experience for the firm’s environmental professionals. Additional information can be found on the company’s website at www.eecenvironmental.com.
Our principals and senior management team bring more than a century of experience to each project, making EEC a leading national full-service firm, offering one-stop, turn-key solutions for projects of all sizes.
This is a great opportunity for motivated individual who feels trapped in the big consulting environment where they do not have the ability to provide their clients with the response and service they deserve.
EEC Environmental is an E-Verify Employer.
“EEC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.”
Submit Resumes to:
1 City Boulevard West Suite 1800 Orange, CA 92868
Attn: Human Resources
Fax: (714) 667-2310