Position: Sr. Environmental Compliance Coordinator
Division: Environmental Services
Location: EEC Environmental Mid-Atlantic Office (Annapolis, MD)
EEC is looking for a professional knowledgeable in understanding of the Clean Air Act, National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Superfund and Amendments and Reauthorization Act (Sara Tier II), Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) and Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC regulations) as they relate to Dominion natural gas operations, with a minimum 7 years’ experience in the environmental field.
The responsibilities are as follows:
- Responsible for multi-media environmental compliance support; including air, chemical, oil, water and waste programs.
- Prepare/submit environmental reports for assigned facilities.
- Walk down of facilities and conduct environmental self-assessments to ensure environmental compliance and provide recommendations for process improvements.
- Resolve compliance issues in coordination with engineering, operations, and environmental services staff.
- Communicate with staff to ensure consistent interpretations/implementations of environmental regulations, etc.
- Support engineering and operations staff on environmental regulatory compliance programs, including environmental compliance plan development.
- Coordinate hazardous and non-hazardous waste disposal for assigned facilities.
- Serve as the primary site coordinator and as a liaison with external regulatory agencies regarding environmental issues.
- Serve as the company contact with the local public and community to resolve environmental complaints and problems.
- Provide environmental training to site personnel to comply with environmental permits and regulations.
- Be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for emergency responses to address spills and releases at Dominion sites and facilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
The position requirements are as follows:
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in the environmental field required. Construction experience preferable.
- Extremely knowledgeable in understanding of the Clean Air Act, National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Superfund and Amendments and Reauthorization Act (Sara Tier II), Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) and Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC regulations) as they relate to Dominion natural gas operations.
- Strong leadership skills
- Proven ability to independently develop, implement; and administer complex environmental compliance plans.
- Excellent communication skills to translate environmental regulations and permit and plan requirements into understandable compliance guidance.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Apply writing skills to prepare and/or review compliance and regulatory documents. Excellent writing skills required.
- Ability to work in a functionally diverse Team environment.
- Strong team building skills and facilitation skills.
- Licensed to operate a motor vehicle or capable of obtaining a license. Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Competitive market-based salary ranging between 120k – 180k
“EEC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.”
Submit Resumes to:
1 City Boulevard West Suite 1800 Orange, CA 92868
Attn: Human Resources
Fax: (714) 667-2310