EEC Environmental is seeking a self-motivated, self-sufficient entry-level geologist, environmental engineer, or other related discipline at our office in Orange, CA. The ideal candidate will be motivated to develop and build their personal knowledge and skills to assist with the growth and success of the office.
Excellent teamwork and organizational skills are required, attention to detail is critical for this position. A successful candidate will work alongside engineers and geologists on a variety of projects throughout the Southern California area.
We offer a friendly, professional atmosphere with excellent benefits and a salary commensurate with experience.
- Mainly local field work but some travel required.
- Complete field sampling and remedial equipment monitoring. Experience using hand tools and equipment maintenance a plus.
- Prepare engineering drawings, specifications and scopes of work for construction.
- Assist with cost estimating, report preparation and task management, as required by the project manager.
- Perform and check engineering calculations.
- Support the office project work and collaborate with Project Managers and staff to service clients and complete projects on time and on budget.
- Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited university in geology, engineering, or other related field.
- 0 – 3 years environmental consulting experience.
- Capable of working in the field and managing subcontractors.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Project).
- Strong written and verbal communication with technical writing experience.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance required.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and ArcGIS a plus.
- Completion of 40-hour HAZWOPER certification a plus.
Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- The Company encourages all of our engineers to work toward and obtain a PG or PE license. We will fully support their efforts to accomplish this, including; help with gaining the necessary experience, reimbursement of approved expenses and paid time off to take the exam.
- Required to sit or stand at an office workstation, sometimes for extended periods of time
- Required to walk, stand & carry work related items, sometimes for extended periods of time
- Required to work on keyboard, using mouse while looking at computer screens/monitors, sometimes for extended periods of time
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
- Competitive market-based salary ranging between 62,500 – 75k
- Life/Long Term Disability
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan after 1 Year
- 5 Sick Days
- 2Wks Vacation
EEC Environmental is an E-Verify Employer.
“EEC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.”
TO APPLY: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Thank you for your interest in EEC!
Submit Resumes to:
1 City Boulevard West Suite 1800 Orange, CA 92868
Attn: Human Resources
Fax: (714) 667-2310
Keywords: Site Assessment Remediation Skills, Phase I, Phase II, Report Writing, Project Management, Project Manager, Technical Writing, Regulatory Compliance, Environmental Storm Water, Waste Water PFOS, PFOA, Water Treatment, Quality Control, Analysis, Business Development