- Assisted in the development of 8 FOG control ordinances
- Developed kitchen best management practices (BMP) and grease interceptor inspection procedures and forms
- Performed FOG characterization studies involving sewer line hot spot and source identification for 13 cities/districts
- Inspected over 16,000 food service establishments (FSEs) including kitchen BMP inspections
- inspected over 7,000 grease interceptors and grease traps
- Currently contract – managing 4 FOG control programs including FSE permitting, compliance inspections, CCTV monitoring, and grease interceptor inspections
EEC Environmental (EEC) has completed FOG Characterization Studies for 13 cities and Wastewater Districts. Based on EEC’s unique FOG Control expertise, multiple cities and districts have hired EEC to manage their FOG control programs which include the complete development of the program, performing all of the compliance inspections, and initiating the enforcement activities.
As part of the program development, EEC has developed Kitchen BMP and grease interceptor guidelines, including variance procedures. EEC’s staff is now issuing permits, conducting FSE inspections, and training and providing follow-up enforcement services.