- Ensured compliance with Small MS4 permit requirements
- Performed comprehensive evaluation of stormwater program and documents
- Conducted site evaluation of stormwater best management practices (BMP) implementation and identified pollutant sources
- Provided recommendations for BMP improvements and monitoring enhancements
- Conducted, evaluated and tracked laboratory sample results
- Assisted with the completion of SMARTS Ad Hoc reports
EEC Environmental (EEC) was retained by a United States Military Base to manage their stormwater including ensuring consistent compliance with their Small MS4 permit which included the evaluation and implementation of required BMPs. For this project, EEC evaluated the facility’s Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP), current BMP implementation, sampling and monitoring plans, and historic sample results.
EEC also conduct a site walk evaluation to identify the potential sources of pollutants onsite and to evaluate the BMPs implemented to control those pollutants. Based on this information EEC provided the recommendation for BMP improvements, and upon approval of recommendations implemented the appropriate BMPs to achieve BCT/BAT.
Following BMP implementation, EEC conducted the storm event sampling and visual observations for the base, evaluated sample results for the purpose of evaluating BMP performance, and assisted with the uploading of sample results to the State’s SMARTS database.
EEC has been specializing in stormwater compliance for more than 20 years. Our staff has assisted both Municipal Separate Storm and Sewer Systems (MS4) programs and industrial facilities with compliance issues as part of these services.