- Performed comprehensive evaluation of stormwater program and documents
- Conducted site evaluation of stormwater BMP implementation and identified pollutant sources
- Provided recommendations for BMP improvements and monitoring enhancements
- Conducted, evaluated and tracked laboratory sample results
- Assisted with the completion of SMARTS Ad Hoc reports
EEC Environmental (EEC) was retained by a Southern California window manufacturer to manage their stormwater program including the evaluation and implementation of required BMPs. For this project, EEC evaluated the facility’s Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP), current BMP implementation, sampling and monitoring plans, and historic sample results.
EEC also conducted a site walk evaluation to identify the potential sources of pollutants onsite and to evaluate the BMPs implemented to control those pollutants. Based on this information EEC provided a recommendation for BMP improvements, and upon approval of recommendations implemented the appropriate BMPs to achieve BCT/BAT. EEC recommended filter socks for controlling sediments and helped to identify more representative sample locations for the facility’s outfall locations.
Following BMP implementation, EEC evaluated sample results for the purpose of evaluating BMP performance and assisted with the uploading of sample results to the State’s SMARTS database.