Position: Staff Geologist/Engineer/Scientist
Division: Environmental Services
Location: EEC Environmental Mid-Atlantic Office (Annapolis, MD)
EEC’s Annapolis, MD office is seeking a self-driven professional to conduct soil, groundwater and soil gas investigations, and support Project Managers with a variety of environmental compliance and remediation tasks. The ideal candidate will have 0 to 5 years’ experience and a Bachelor’s degree in geology, engineering or a related field of environmental science.
Typical responsibilities of this position include (but are not limited to):
- Conduct field investigations, including, but not limited to drilling, soil sampling, groundwater well installation, groundwater sampling, free product recovery, soil vapor probe installation, soil vapor extraction well installation and soil vapor sampling.
- Perform Phase I Environmental Site Assessments.
- Review, tabulate and analyze field and analytical data; data management.
- Prepare technical reports based on the results of field sampling activities.
- Prepare permit applications and conduct permit compliance activities.
- Conduct file reviews of technical and historical documents.
- Provide support for project managers on a variety of in-field and office tasks.
- Inspection of stormwater and erosion control devices.
- Assist with project scopes and proposals.
- Participate in key client and regulatory meetings.
- Conduct remedial system operations and maintenance at commercial and industrial sites.
- Bachelor’s degree in geology, engineering, environmental science or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to write technical supporting documents and perform qualitative and quantitative analyses.
- Familiarity with state, regional, and local regulatory agency requirements.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
- Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
- Excellent Microsoft Windows computer skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access and Adobe Acrobat.
- Requires frequent physical activity.
- Job Requires up to 50% out of town travel.
- AutoCAD Drafting,
- GIS knowledge
- Current 40-hour HAZWOPER and first aid/CPR
EEC Environmental offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package which includes medical, 401k and Profit Sharing, Vacation and Sick Days.
Please send resumes to:
East Coast Manager