EEC Environmental (EEC) has assisted real estate and property developers throughout the United States on all aspects of environmental-related issues. Our professionals understand the nuances of this business sector, including the need for rapid response, quick turnaround, and discretion that must be maintained throughout the process. EEC’s services are utilized at the earliest stages of the real estate transaction and development process, often even before the due diligence phase, when we do a “Phase 0” to quickly determine if there will likely be significant environmental issues.
We have extensive experience in large portfolios and specialized due diligence necessary for property transactions, evaluation of costs associated with environmental liabilities, evaluation of fast-track remediation alternatives, evaluation of risk-based remedial strategies, and installation of preventive mitigation equipment such as those to prevent vapor intrusion. Further, EEC assists our clients in determining if the utility infrastructure (electrical, sewer, stormwater) and permitting abilities are sufficient for the intended property use, developing and implementing Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs), and conducting facility audits.
EEC’s experience has included:
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESA) / Due Diligence
- Subsurface Investigation Involving Soil, Soil Vapor, and groundwater
- Cost to Closure Evaluation
- Evaluation of Funding / Insurance for Remedial Actions
- Vapor Intrusion Evaluation
- Indoor Air Sampling / Air Quality Evaluation
- SWPPP for Construction or Facility Operations
- Subsurface Infrastructure Evaluation
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System NPDES Stormwater Compliance
- Energy Evaluation
- Utility Design
- Facility Audits
- Community Engagement