- Comprehensive pretreatment program assessment
- State audit, notice of violation (NOV) response and work plan negotiation
- Legal authority and local limits development
- Key program documents and procedures development
- Industrial waste survey development and implementation
- Significant Industrial User (SIU) permit review and revision for 95 SIUs (50 CIUs)
- Pretreatment staff assessment, development, and training
- Program management/staff augmentation
EEC Environmental (EEC) was retained by a city to respond to a State audit and notice of violation that required an extensive upgrade of their pretreatment program. EEC evaluated the entire pretreatment program, responded to the NOV, and supported negotiation of a compliance schedule with the State.
EEC worked side-by-side with the City to upgrade their Sewer Use Ordinance (SUO), develop technically based local limits, develop an industrial waste survey process, review and revise SIU permits, develop permitting, sampling, inspection and enforcement procedures, provide staff assessment to ensure continued compliance with State and Federal Pretreatment Program requirements. EEC provided program management leadership and staff augmentation throughout program implementation, including staff development and training, allowing a full transition of program management to City staff.