- Performed comprehensive evaluation of stormwater program and documents
- Conducted site evaluation of stormwater BMP implementation and identified pollutant sources.
- Reviewed existing stormwater pollution prevention plan (SWPPP) related documents
- Developed SWPPP and supporting documents
- Assisted with uploading new SWPPP to SMARTS database
- Employee training
Since 2015, EEC Environmental (EEC) has assisted a Los Angeles County-based City with municipal separate storm sewer system (MS4) compliance related stormwater management. Management activities include conducting inspections of facilities, managing inspection data, assisting with annual reporting, and assisting with the new trash total maximum daily load (TMDL) provisions. During the facility inspections, EEC identifies the effectiveness of implemented best management practices (BMPs), identifies illicit discharges and illicit connections to the stormwater system, and identifies industrial facilities that could potentially require coverage under the Industrial General Permit.
EEC also provides recommendations for corrective actions or elevated enforcement as needed. EEC then performs the required follow-up inspections to ensure that the facilities have corrected the violation. EEC has developed a proven method for tracking and managing inspections and inspection data. EEC manages the inspection schedules and ensures that the City is meeting the inspection requirements established in the County’s MS4 Permit.